Speaker Christian calls Fourth Regular Session of 13 CFSM
Palikir, POHNPEI (FSM Information Service): October 5, 2004 - Acting Speaker Dohis Halbert's letter to President Joseph J. Urusemal, explained that the Session would focus on "pressing legislation and other issues of important to the Nation." The letter impress upon the need for collaboration between the two branches to ensure a successful session.
The general public is invited to the Session, which would be held in the Congress Chambers in Palikir.
On a related note, the Fifth Special Session of the 13th Congress from August 30th - September 3rd had adjourned with the adoption of the following Resolutions:
1. Congressional Resolution No. 13-59, accession to the convention for the suppression of the traffic in persons and of the exploitation of the prostitution of others, and for other purposes;
2. CR No. 13-92 and 13-96, approval of a economic and technical cooperation Agreement between the Governments of the FSM and the People's Republic of China;
3. CR No. 13-109, confirmation of Andrew Yatilman as the national government's representative on the Board of Regents for the College of Micronesia-FSM;
4. CR No. 13-133, congratulations to Manuel Miningfel of Yap for being the number one weightlifter in all weight divisions in the entire pacific and being the first FSM athlete to ever qualify for the Olympic Games and rank eleventh on the Olympic qualification ranking list in his weight category (62kg);
5. CR No. 13-134, expressing appreciation by the citizens and the FSM Congress to the athletes, coaches and support staff representing the FSM in the 2004 Olympic Games in Athens.
For further information on this release, please contact:
FSM Office of the President Public Information: Press, Radio, Video P.O Box 34 Palikir Station, Pohnpei, FM 96941 Tel.: (691) 320-2548/2092 Fax.: (691) 320-4356 e-mail: email@example.com http://www.fsmpio.fm/