1st Asia-Pacific Arts Festival
Palikir, Pohnpei (FSM Information Service): October 11, 2007 - The Federated States of Micronesia is very grateful to be part of the 1st Asia-Pacific Youth Arts Festival held in Shenzhen, China from September 23 to 27, 2007.
The first Asia-Pacific Youth Arts Festival was successfully held at the OCT East Interlaken Resort up in the green mountains of Shenzen, China, having achieved its main objective of promoting communication, harmony and development in the Asia-Pacific region.
The colorful event played host to over 400 participants representing 26 broadcasting organizations from 24 ABU member countries and regions. The FSM Team was from the State of Yap.
It witnessed a gathering together of young people with extraordinary musical and artistic talents, and performances ranging from traditional music, dances and songs, to pop music, contemporary interpretations of traditional dance and hard rock and rap.
The AYA culminated in a colorful awards ceremony and a spectacular open-air closing concert staged on the man-made lake of the Interlaken resort, complete with laser and fireworks display.
The event organizer, RTPRC/CCTV-China, filmed the performances and activities held during the five day period. The public broadcaster will begin broadcasting the nightly performances on 3 October in hour-long specials over four of its channels.
ABU members participating in the project will be able to air performances in their respecting countries rights free. They will be able to produce their own versions of the AYAF using the raw footage provided by CCTV.
ABU is pleased to extend its support to the first AYAF, and hopes that the success of this international cultural event will encourage broadcasters in other countries to host AYAF in the future in different regions of the Asia-Pacific.
List of participating organizations of the 1st Asia-Pacific Youth Arts Festival:
1. Bangladesh Television (BTV)
2. National Television of Cambodia (TVK)
3. China Central Television (CCTV)
4. Fiji TV
5. Radio Television Hong Kong (RTHK)
6. Zee TV - India (ZTV)
7. PT Media Television Indonesia (Metro TV)
8. Nippon Hoso Kyokai - Japa (NHK)
9. Kazakhstan RAHAT TV (Rahat TV)
10. Korea Broadcasting System (KBS)
11. Lao National Television-Laos (LNTV)
12. Teledifusao de Macau, SA (TDM)
13. Radio Television Malaysia (RTM)
14. Mauritius Broadcasting Corporation (MBC)
15. Federated States of Micronesia Broadcasting Services (FSMBS)
16. Mongolian National Public Radio & Television (MNPRT)
17. Ulaanbaatar Broadcasting System - Mongolia (UBS)
18. Pakistan Broadcasting Corporation (PBC)
19. Philippine Broadcasting Service(PBS)
20. Russia State Television and Radio Broadcasting Company (RTR)
21. MediaCorp TV Singapore Pte Ltd (MediaCorp TV)
22. Independent Television Network - Sri Lanka (ITN)
23. National Broadcasting Services of Thailand (NBT)
24. MTV Networks (MTV) - Sri Lanka
25. Vietnam Television (VTV)
For further information on this release, please contact:
FSM Office of the President Public Information: Press, Radio, Video P.O Box 34 Palikir Station, Pohnpei, FM 96941 Tel.: (691) 320-2548/2092 Fax.: (691) 320-4356 e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org http://www.fsmpio.fm/